Thursday, September 24, 2009

Meal Ideas: Portobello Burgers

Marinade portobello mushrooms in an olive oil/balsalmic vinegar blend for at least fifteen minutes on each side (start with the smooth side up).
Place them in the oven/barbeque them/grill them for around 10 - 15 minutes.
Eat in place of a burger patty!

They are actually really good. Apparently portobello mushrooms are the steak of the vegetarian world. They are dense & absorb flavour so beautifully.

I didn't take photos :( I was super hungry & I kind of forgot.
But I had a burger with a portobello mushroom, a little bit of cheese, iceberg lettuce & a gherkin. On the side I made potato & kumara wedge/chip things. Chop them up & roast them in the oven after drizzling olive oil over the top & sprinkling salt & basil to taste.
YUM.

I think the burger came in at just under 200 calories. My counting might be a bit off though cuz I'm not sure of the quantities of some things I used. But that tasted way better than McDonalds & it filled me right up & it was much healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment